For tips on keeping information safe and secure, download our Cybersecurity flyer.
Download the latest architectural specifications for our products below.
- CA-60 Sentinel System – Audio Only
- Front Office Alert – EduCam360 – MS-1000
- GL-300 – IR-Satellite – MS-200 – MS-1000 – SAFE Controller
- GL-300 with Camera – VMS – VIEWpath – IR and optional XD alert
- GL-300 with future alert
- Intercom, Paging, and Bells, Audio, SAFE System, VIEWpath, and Synchronous Clock System
- MS-450 – Audio – IP Paging Pal
- MS-450 – Intercom Paging and Bells System
- MS-450 System Functional Specification
- Sentinel System with Alert and Alternate GL-300
A page has been made available for all necessary downloads to install Audio Enhancement products. Visit this page here.
RMA Request Form
Research and Studies
These studies represent over forty years of research into the benefits of sound enhancement systems in the classroom. For user convenience, all documents are in PDF format.
This is the fundamental study that laid the foundation for sound enhancement systems in classrooms. It was conducted from 1977 to 1980. The Mainstream Amplification Resource Room Study (MARRS) discovered that teachers using amplification reported improved student attention, fewer distractions, and less need to repeat. To read about the study, click here. For an informational video about the study, please visit our Video page and watch the second video down.
Cameras in the Classroom White Paper
“What comes to mind when you hear “cameras in the classroom”? Most teachers feel like “Big Brother” is watching. IP mounted cameras, such as traditional security cameras, are often used in this way. Cameras have been increasingly present in our nation’s schools. In the 2009-10 school year, 61 percent of public schools reported using one or more security cameras in the halls to watch over the student body, which is an increase of 42 percent since 1999-2000 (NASP, “Research on School Security”). However, there are so many practical benefits to cameras in the classroom. Therefore, an open conversation between administrators and teachers is necessary to address privacy concerns and daily benefits.”
To read the whole white paper, follow this link.
“The Best Foot Forward Project is exploring whether video technology can make the classroom observation process easier to implement, less costly, and more valid and reliable. Further, by putting cameras in the hands of teachers and allowing them to select their best lessons for evaluation, the study aims to learn whether digital video can make the observation process more acceptable to teachers.In 2013, the project was piloted in 100 classrooms in New York City, Georgia, and North Carolina. Currently, 400 teachers and their principals from districts in Delaware, California, Colorado, and Georgia have joined the impact evaluation as the project team examines whether digital video can improve teaching practice and student outcomes, and ultimately transform the way classroom observations are implemented in classrooms around the country.” (original here)View the first year results of the study here.
Audio Studies Conducted from 2009 and Current
- Listening Is Where Hearing Meets Brain in Children and Adults
- Directional Effects on Infants and Young Children
- Head Angle and Elevation in Classroom Environments Implications for Amplification
- High-Frequency Amplification and Sound Quality in Listeners with Normal through Moderate Hearing Loss
- Sound Field Amplification Research Summary
- The Effects of Room Acoustics and Sound-field Amplification on Word Recognition Performance in Young Adult Listeners in Suboptimal Listening Conditions
Audio Studies conducted from 2008 and older
- The benefits of Sound Field Amplification in Classrooms of Inuit Students
- MARRS Study
- Effect of FM Auditory Trainers on Attending Behaviors of Learning-Disabled Children
- Effects of Sound-Field FM Amplification on the speech perception of ESL Children
- Evaluation and Assessment of FM Systems
- Proof Research Evaluating Sound Field Amplification Technology In NB Schools
- Gertel and McCarty, CEFPI Nov 2004
- Classroom Amplification: Not Just for the Hearing Impaired Anymore, by L.H. Dahlquist
VIEWpath (Professional Development) Studies
- Preliminary Harvard Best Foot Forward findings
- Best Foot Forward Year 1 Research Findings
- Fuel great teaching: Using video for feedback that matters by Miriam Greenberg
- What it Looks Like: Master Coding Videos for Observer Training and Assessment by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Video Extends the Classroom:
Video Solutions Help Schools Reach and Teach Students More Effectively Despite Tighter Budgets
- The camera in the classroom: video-recording as a tool for professional development of student teachers
- The Impact of Video Evidence on Modern Policing
SAFE System (Safety) Studies
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety: 2013
- Research on School Security: The Impact of Security Measures on Students
- Study shows surveillance cameras reduce crime, in some cases
- Does School Safety Influence SOL Achievement?
- Audio Enhancement White Paper: Classroom Hearing and Sound Enhancement
- Cameras in the Classroom White Paper
- SmartBrief’s White Paper: “A Game Changer: Using video to achieve high performance in the classroom | Playbook for School & District Leaders”
- Newton County white paper-AUDIO ENHANCEMENT IMPRESSES STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
For answers to commonly encountered problems, take a look at the list of frequently asked questions here.
- Tech Tip #1 – Two Adjacent classrooms that can be combined into one large classroom
- Tech Tip #2 – Understanding FM and IR
- Tech Tip #3 – IR Teacher Teardrop Microphone (MTD-09)
- Tech Tip #4 – Connecting Multimedia Devices to Audio Enhancement Systems
- Tech Tip #7 – Christmas Tree vs IR Microphone
- Tech Tip #8 – XD Charger Installation
- Tech Tip #9 – Power Supplies
Mic Tips and Tricks
We’ve amassed lots of helpful tips and tricks for using Audio Enhancement microphones. We’ve also created a series of helpful gifs as tutorials on everyday functions of the microphone. To view this helpful information, visit the Mic Tips and Tricks page.
Manuals to Audio Enhancement products can be found below.
- IR Microphone First-time User Guide
- XD Microphone First-time User Guide
- Audio Enhancement Product Manual
- EduCam360 Manual
- EduCam360 Setup
- MS-450 Quick Start Guide
- MS-450 Startup Guide
- IR-Satellite/TLD100 Manual
- Ceiling Speaker Manual
- IR Microphone Manual
- Safety Manual
- EDS-07 Dome Sensor Manual
- SAFE Controller Manual
- VIEWpath Step-by-Step Manual
A wealth of excellent videos has been made available as resources to help understand the benefits of Audio Enhancement, Inc. products. To view the videos, go to the Videos page.